To achieve this bedroom hair, first, if your hair isn't already wavy or curly, you need to curl your hair. I used my favorite 1/2 inch Cortex Titanium Curling Iron. On wet hair, you will want to apply some hair Oil , heat protectant (Kendi Oil ), and a hair gel( Matrix Biolage Gelee ) or mouse of some sorts if your hair can't hold a curl without it, most Asians will need a gel of some sorts.
Tip: Always use a tighter curling iron for updos because it makes managing the hair easier, even if all of your hair will be tucked in, you still need to curl your hair.
You can watch this hair tutorial on my Youtube Channel, which will be posted on the bottom of this page.
1) Tease your hair. Your hair pins need something to hold onto, so tease your roots, and everywhere else too! Especially if you have fine or virgin hair ( hair that has not been chemically processed by color, relaxer, hair perms, etc). To put it bluntly, damaged hair is easier to do updos on.
2) Messily pin up the top - crown area. ( I never realized what bitchy expressions I had without circle lenses on!! ). I look so mean and bitchy, like some spoiled brat omg *cringe*. LOL I'm my own hater ... Ahem anyway.....
3) Start grabbing the hair from the sides of your head, and twist and pin them in the back in a braiding formation/pattern. Make sure you loosen and fluff the twists so that it looks soft and not tight. If you see a bit of frizz, that's perfectly fine. We're going for that mussed bedroom hair, easy updo...
4) You can leave it like this - a simple easy to do, half-up updo or do the whole head. Continue grabbing the side hair in chunks and twist or/and braid them before pinning them down. Make sure you always fluff, tease, and loosen the curls.
5) After you've pinned up all your hair, tease and fluff the hair around your face to make this easy updo softer and wispy looking. If you notice any long stringy hair that you missed, simply twist and twirl them around your fingers before pinning them up as well.
Finish Product Used:
Best Hairspray for Updos: Shaper
Best finishing Oil Serum at the moment - Chi Enviro Smoothing Serum (but hard to find)
I hope you try this easy updo, hairstyles should always be this easy and effortless.
Don't forget to subscribe for more tutorials like this! Thanks for reading! See you guys next week!!
Check out my new Blog dedicated to hair - Hair Ups (not U-P-S - omg what the hell was I thinking naming it Up's lol) .
Forgot to mention: I screwed up my blog's template so until I figure out how to fix it, the comment tab "might" be at the top of this page -- ...
Get this look Boho French Braid with Waterfall braided bangs tutorial on my new blog.
Watch this tutorial on YouTube. :)